Wild Elves


So I have discovered that I can be pretty obsessive when I get a design concept I really like as I tend to create images in sets and lately more like series. 

I have quite a few "Collections" as I will call them, such as beefcake angels (I know, I know) Anime, Fantasy Gardens, Phat Phlora(c), Demons, Zodiac, etc.  My latest obsession was Elf Heads.  I wanted the essence of this forest creature without having to draw the whole body as it was a small canvas.  So I ended up with this one I call Azure...



Well, I liked it so much, not only did I make it my avatar, I thought I'd do a couple more.

Then, I got the brilliant idea of doing one for each color...and then when I ran out of basic colors I went on to hues

I think I must have at least twenty by now, several that aren't even colored yet.  As much fun as I have creating them...I don't know what to do with them.  A calendar would be the obvious choice but so generic.

Then I went really ambitious and thought about my childhood friend Mr. Tolkein and wanted to create a whole alter universe for these characters--minus the creating a whole new language bit.  Who has that much time?
babydragon
A graphic novel perhaps, or even a mini series with sporadic full page illustrations.  Each elf portrait contains a creature of some sort, so I could do a creature compendium as well.  Maybe, even tarot cards...I've always wanted to do that.

I'm getting excited just writing about it!  I will add an page on here and post a Wild Elf of the Week or something, just to get some feedback on the idea.